Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Marz visits family in Honolulu and Hilo

The first Akamar member I met in Honolulu was "Fouirepi" = Joshua. When we met that night, he was sound asleep, but woke up as we came to park outside a small mart.

After some years, I got to meet my Mom when I flew to Hilo for a few days visit with Mom, Dad, and other family members living in that area. In this photo, Kantita and Eliakim are planning for the activities and chores of the next day.... What a team!

On my way back to Pohnpei, I was very happy to be able to take this picture of the famous Randy, his handsome younger brother Herby, and thier "kuchofuchof" youngest brother (sorry I forgot name!!!!).  [I owe you one for not remembereing your name at the top of my head]! Very happy to have been able to spend 2 nights of chitchatting with Uncle Ira, Unty Mercy, Mike, Pauline, Mae, and Manning, along with Nicky and Silvanus, and at another Point, Qme and Joshua, --- at Kunia, home of these great threesome in this picture.

They say you can not claim to have seen the "Big Island" without seeing the volcano area. So here, Uncle John Bosco Lewis, a fellow January 31er, teaches me how to style with the volcano pit steaming in the background. I guess I now can say that I have seen much more than "the State of Hawaii".

Marnes and Tisek in their makenai at residence on Big Island. Tisek is checking the BBQ chicken to make sure it is not "paikin" before everyone eats. Marnes has already finished third serve!

Me with Nat, Diana, and Uncle Bosko's family outside Mom and Dad's house the night before I returned to Honolulu. Very beautiful happy faces!

Natibo and Diana, trying their dresses from my one and only "Fidarina". Maybe their dresses are too styling for Chrismas?

I had a great time with family members in Hawaii, many of whom I have not seen in more than 4 years, and some of whom I got to see for the first time during this trip. Kinissou ngeni Kot!

2 comments:

  1. Marz. . . . Its billy - paupau's youngest! As in "billy jean" michael jackson's song. Very beautiful pictures you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go! BILLY, BILLY, BILLYYYYYYY. Now, I will never miss this name. That's a promise to my kuchofuchof nephew Billy!

    ReplyDelete